Wednesday, August 6, 2014

true detective

So I recently finished the first season of the series "True Detective" and my mind is still blown, still thinking about the characters and their dynamics and struggles and the darkness and magic that was so deliciously portrayed. I'm not one to really sit down and become engrossed in tv series, I couldn't tell you the first thing about pretty much anything that anyone's watching these days, but "True Detective" was a rare exception. It was a sophisticated and intelligent work of art that I found was truly worth my time.

One of the things I found that I really appreciated about the show was the title sequence. The dark, double exposed and gritty images portraying a decaying landscape inside silhouettes of the characters, burning like end times. So I decided to do a little research and found this gem of an interview:

http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/true-detective/

Some of my very favorite images from the opening sequence:








No comments: