but i think the biggest reason contributing to my mood lately is school. i'm really excited to go to school this fall and i keep staring at my future with anticipation. i can't wait until i finally have a degree and i live where i want to live and i'm doing something fulfilling to make a living. i think it's these combined reasons and their cause that's motivating me to grab my non-working life by the horns and figure out what makes me happy, and how to expand that happiness into making it my whole life.
on that note, here's a list of things i really appreciate in my life:
- my boyfriend sky. i don't really know how to express my gratitude for him without it sounding insincere and cliche. he's my best friend. i tell him everything. he listens and he cares. he makes me great food all the time. seriously, without him i'd probably eat nothing but frozen vegetables and bananas. we like doing the same things, our future goals are compatible and include each other and he makes me laugh. so many people spend their lives looking for what i have. i have great love in my life and i do not take it for granted.
- my brain. i'm really glad that i'm smart. granted, i know i'm not the smartest of the bunch, but i know i'm not dumb either. my friends are all REALLY brilliant people, so that must say something about me, right?
- i'm really glad i made the decision to go back to school. and i'm really excited about trying to get all A's. i'm excited that on top of working 40 hours a week, i'll be taking two classes. it's a little intimidating but i'm up for the challenge and i'm glad that i'm up for the challenge. i'm long overdue for a challenge. like i said, my goal is to get As in both the classes i'm taking in the fall.
- well let's see. i'm grateful that our friend norm is over and that we're about to watch "jersey shore." that show is ridiculous.
- i'm grateful for my cat mr. boy. he's so cute and happy and gentle and sweet. aww i love him.
- i'm grateful that even though work sucks sometimes, i work with really great people.
that's it for now, but there will be more in the future.
i'm excited to start kickboxing tomorrow!!